Social media is essential for every small business.
Just think about it for a minute.
If you want to find new customers of any kind, chances are they will be on social media. Heck, even farmers in Kuwait use Instagram to sell their sheep. Want to know a few more unusual and shocking social media statistics? Read on!
- Hit 1.59 Billion MAU’s (Unique Monthly Visitors) on December 31, 2015
- Owns Instagram ($1B), Occulus Rift ($2B) & WhatsApp ($19B)
- The Number of DAU’s on average in December 2015 was 1.04 Billion
- Mobile accounts for 80% of all Advertising Revenue
- Chances are your organic reach is at an all time low
- Best way to increase engagement? Post a video.
- The best day to post on Facebook based on engagement is Friday.
- Was Bought By Facebook For $1 Billion in 2012
- 420 Million Users
- 70 Million Photos per Day
- Considered the Most Important Social Network by American Teens
- Surprisingly, there is no one popular filter!
- The best option for brands, most user engagement
- 320 Million Users
- Owns new-comer Periscope
- 120 Million Active Monthly Users
- 500 Million Tweets per day
- Like Facebook, 80% of Users are Mobile
- Twitter pulled its share count in November
- 2.2 billion G+ Profiles
- 9% Of Users Post Publicly
- 37% Of Those PostsWere Comments on YouTube Videos
- 100 Million Users
- 80% Female Demographic
- 50% Are Moms
- #1 For Food Related Content
- 1/3 of all US online Adults are on Pinterest
- Certain categories are more popular on certain days, for example, Mondays are best for fitness posts.
- Purchased by Twitter for $86Million
- People watch 40 years worth of live video every day
- 350,000 hours of video is streamed every day
- Number of Users is already past 10Million in one year
- Daily active users past 1.85Million
- 100 Million active Daily Users
- 18% Of All Social Media Users use Snapchat
- 41% Of US Teens use Snapchat
- 8,796 Photos are shared per second
- 72 Million Monthly Users
- 36 Million Weekly Users
- Supports 20 Languages
- Users flip through 8.2 Billion stories per Month
- Raised over $200 Million in Funding
- Social Media Anxiety Disorder is now recognized as a mental illness
- Since dropping share counting, Sharaholic has recorded a 11% drop is Twitter shares overall
- 91% Of all Social Media Mentions come from users with fewer than 500 followers
- 82% Of Women believe social media has helped define true beauty
- Chat and Private messaging apps now hold 3 of the top 5 spots for all social media platforms
- 80% of Pins are Repins
- Livestock vendors in Kuwait use Instagram to sell Sheep
- Surprisingly, marketers say written content still beats visual content
- According to Socialbakers, businesses with a fan page of 0-9,999 should expect only 28 interactions per post