While foosball skills are highly valued here at Data Nerds HQ, we also consider ourselves high performers who are always trying to grow our minds and products. Reporting to the CTO, the Software Engineer is a high-performer who works collaboratively with the team to continually push the envelope to develop top-notch products.
- Work as part of an agile development team
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance the functionality of our applications powering the next generation of property data solutions
- Work closely with the data team and deep within the application architecture.
- Perform maintenance and build new features on our existing products/projects.
- Participate in code reviews, sharing knowledge, feedback, and ideas.
- Troubleshoot, test, and debug our production systems.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Proficiency with object-oriented programming within an established framework
- Experience programming in PHP and the Laravel framework
- Experience programming in Python
- Expert-level knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience with design patterns
- Knowledge of Data Science concepts
- Possesses a willingness to learn
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Motivation and passion for your work!
Who we are:
Founded in 2014, Data Nerds is dedicated to aggregating, digitalizing and standardizing US property data and presenting it to consumers through property reports, API and other products. Data Nerds provides an in-depth analysis of 135+ million US residential homes through sophisticated, accessible, accurate and affordable property data solutions.
We have a close-knit, dedicated team that works hard to build our business. We work in a fast-paced environment and are looking for the best of the best to keep up with our constant evolution! If you want to work with an awesome group of talented people who have your back, want to see you succeed and push your talent further, Data Nerds is the place to be.